Custom Search

Reef Raider - Caracal 180 / Suzuki 140

Reef Raider - Caracal 180 / Suzuki 140

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Friends of the Reef Raider

I like posting pictures of my friends and their catches on my Blog; check out these pictures of my Friend Marcel Moreno and his boys tearing it up inside Government Cut.

In his own words...

"All were on drifts in government cut. Live shrimp during shrimp run. During the cold nights, the fish were feeding in the cut because the water was three to 4 degrees warmer. Snook and snapper were a bit deeper than the tarpon and were caught on 1/4 to 1/2 inch troll right jigs with shrimp hooked thru the horn. It's been some of the best fishing I've experienced. Most nights, we hook up on over 12 tarpon. I went 6/7 on tarpon with the biggest being about 50 lbs. Also fought a 130 lber for about 45 min before 50 lb leader gave out on one of my smaller rods. We also caught many snapper over 18 inches with several over 20 inches. The cubera was also caught in the cut. I also added a cooling canal tarpon picture, Fish was well over 100 lbs."










No comments: