Custom Search

Reef Raider - Caracal 180 / Suzuki 140

Reef Raider - Caracal 180 / Suzuki 140

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Big Hoo Catches Big Mutton

OK so next Thursday I am going fishing in Key West with a few close friends; one of them you are already very familiar with if you read my blog, Juan Estevez Captain of the "Why Knot", the others you will hear more about in my next entry after the trip.


I did want to let you know however that Juan took his boat down to Key West this weekend because he is spending a weeks vacation there next week and dragging the boat along with everything else required to vacation in Key West for a week would have been a much greater burden than taking the boat down a week early; besides, he leaves his boat down there for the month anyway, so...

 




Juan decided to test the water today (saturday 5/22) just to gauge how the fish was biting and what we could expect next Thursday and Friday.  His report was encouraging, 7 Mutton (the largest you see pictured, estimated at 18lbs). 4 good size King Fish, 1 Flag Yellowtail (22") and a couple good size Bonito which will make excellent bait next week.


Juan does not take as many pictures as I do, but they did manage to take this one good shot of Big Julio with his Monster Mutton, and another picture of Juan with his Flag Yellowtail.


Enjoy the Picture and I hope I can have a lot more for you next weekend when I get back from Key West.  


Till then...

-The Reef Raider

No comments: